Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I found a smell...

I found a smell today. I wasn't looking for a smell, nor was I sniffing for one, but a smell I found. My smeller has kept me from harms way in the past and I'd wager it will again in the future. I've whiffed smoke, gas, and rotten meat; all are things I choose to avoid. I've let my sniffer lead me to places such as a restaurants and bakeries. The aroma of coffee and fresh muffins, hanging in the warm air, welcomes me to comfort. Ah the blessings of my beak!

The smell I stumbled upon today was in the form of a dryer sheet. A Downey 'cashmere and silk fresh' fabric softening sheet. I can't get my nose away from the box. I can't come up with a single event, person, or location in my mind that would place this smell in my history, but there is no mistaking the feeling of comfort, an almost cuddly sense of stability that comes from my newly discovered laundry companion.

Life is not easy. I don't want to give away all of my secrets, but I'll let you in a little closer. I arm myself with everything I can before I venture out into this world. Each day I step into society, I do so with a decent education, a fair amount of compassion, clarity, and now a dryer sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment